DEDICATED TO THE PRESERVATION AND APPRECIATION OF BRITISH JAZZ
FROM ANY ERA AND STYLE BUT WITH THE EMPHASIS ON MODERN JAZZ

Monday, March 15, 2010

0027 Ronnie Scott [Live at the Jazz Club] FLAC 11(55.54)


















Contributed by delmonico.

(01-07)
Jimmy Deuchar - trumpet
Ken Wray - trombone
Derek Humble - alto
Ronnie Scott - tenor
Benny Green - baritone
Norman Stenfalt - piano
Lennie Bush - bass
Tony Crombie - drums
(08-11)
Jimmy Deuchar - trumpet
Ken Wray - trombone
Derek Humble - alto
Ronnie Scott - tenor
Peter King - tenor
Benny Green - baritone
Norman Stenfalt - piano
Lennie Bush - bass
Tony Crombie - drums
Harry Klein - arranger

01 Popo
02 Pantagrulian
03 Mullenium
04 The Nearness of You
05 Nemo
06 All the Things You Are
07 The Champ
08 Day Dream
09 On the Alamo
10 What's New
11 I May Be Wrong

Label: Esquire 32-001 32-002
Recorded: BBC Broadcast Paris Cinema Studio London December 01 1952 (01-07) February 10 1953 (08-11)
Lineage: CD>FLAC

10 comments:

  1. Wow, another gem! Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ronnie scott live

    tahnk you so much you can't imagine

    I am always saying that the british jazz is totaly underrated here by this side of the channel (in France) by lack of ..what?...I really don't know exactly...

    But everybody knows here (well, at least me, :), :) the third trombone player in the Lunceford Orchestra, a real good one- Trummy Young - , but who knows really about Derek Humble, one of the best lead alto in the history of jazz I've ever heard, (and I'm not talking about his skills as a soloist ...and cerise sur le gâteau, Deuchar is here too...life is great !!!

    thanks a lot !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many thanks for the Ronnie Scott sessions. Luvly jubbly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I left a general comment a couple of weeks ago when I’d just discovered BritJazz and was starting to discover its riches, but I thought I’d go back and express my appreciation for the remarkable effort and generosity of all those involved in this enterprise by adding a few comments to just a few of my favourite posts.

    Having experienced too much live jazz where the punters tend to clap every solo, regardless of merit, the thing I love about these live Ronnie Scott recordings is the genuine enthusiasm generated among the audience – not just clapping solos, but cheering and shouting as they go, showing real appreciation and involvement in this fantastic music, and adding to the excitement at the same time. Many thanks for this one especially (and Volume 2 as well). Magic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! This links working! I hope the other dead links will be re-uploaded!

    ReplyDelete
  6. brian - working on the others now. All is not going smoothly but bear with me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've tried to download this one, but when I try to decompress the rar file, it has data errors. Anyon else found this problem? I was looking forward to discovering some Scott rarities :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. password, of course! Too early in the day.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Rodney - that seems fine now. Looking forward to giving this a good listen. It's been one of the great pleasures of this blog to discover what a great player Ronnie Scott was in his own right.

      Delete
  8. https://cjoint.net/?96th63n2ms

    ReplyDelete