DEDICATED TO THE PRESERVATION AND APPRECIATION OF BRITISH JAZZ
FROM ANY ERA AND STYLE BUT WITH THE EMPHASIS ON MODERN JAZZ

Friday, January 01, 2010

0001 Tubby Hayes [The Couriers of Jazz!] FLAC 8(42.38)



















Contributed by delmonico

Tubby Hayes - tenor
Ronnie Scott - tenor
Terry Shannon - piano
Jeff Clyne - bass
Bill Eyden - drums

01 Mirage
02 After Tea
03 Stop The World, I Want To Get Off!
04 In Salah
05 Star Eyes
06 The Monk
07 My Funny Valentine
08 Day In, Day Out

Label: Fresh Sound Records FSR 1620
Recorded: November 1958

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for Tubby!
    Regards,
    Axel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks not just for this but for the wonderful site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great stuff! I'm a little bit surprised now that this is the first material I've listened to featuring Tubby Hayes. I've obviously been missing some fantastic music. The only trouble I find listening to this album is not knowing which of the two is playing which tenor solo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. zebop917 - Tubby Hayes is one of the most easily recognizable jazz soloists, once you become familiar with his voice and phrasing. He was, I think it fair to say, noticeably more ebullient and assertive than Ronnie Scott. It won't take you long to be able to tell them apart I'm sure. Plenty more material to practice on here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://cjoint.net/?vawpmp6d9b

    ReplyDelete