DEDICATED TO THE PRESERVATION AND APPRECIATION OF BRITISH JAZZ
FROM ANY ERA AND STYLE BUT WITH THE EMPHASIS ON MODERN JAZZ

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

0569 Roy Fox Ray Noble [The Golden Age of British Dance Bands vol 2] FLAC48 16(50.36)

Contributed by Dave_Bruce, who writes:-

Two LPs of classic British swing band recordings from the 1930s reissued on the World Record Club label, presumably in the early 1970s. Though well up to WRC's high technical standards, there are, alas, no personnel lists.

The album was one of a dozen or more WRC albums I found in a charity ship in excellent condition, all reissues of the élite British swing bands. If folk are interested in the others, I'll do my best to post them in due course though I'd like to get through the Ace of Hearts stuff first.

Vol 2
01 - Roy Fox - Afraid to Dream (3:30)
02 - Roy Fox - These Foolish Things (2:56)
03 - Roy Fox - Let's call the whole thing off (3:04)
04 - Roy Fox - This year's kisses (3:12)
05 - Roy Fox - Too marvellous for words (2:45)
06 - Roy Fox - That Old Feeling (3:14)
07 - Roy Fox - Harbour Lights (3:00)
08 - Roy Fox - I let a song go out of my heart (3:02)
09 - Ray Noble - Maybe it's because (I love you too much) (3:16)
10 - Ray Noble - Lady Day (3:09)
11 - Ray Noble - You ought to see Sally on Sunday (2:42)
12 - Ray Noble - How could we be wrong (3:20)
13 - Ray Noble - Close your eyes (3:18)
14 - Ray Noble - Time on my hands (3:14)
15 - Ray Noble - Mad about the boy (3:29)
16 - Ray Noble - One morning in May (3:17)

17 comments:

  1. https://1fichier.com/?a12c1rhn0i

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/AG0xSsgH/file.html
      http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/fO1b7wX2/file.html
      http://www32.zippyshare.com/v/MytJwE0f/file.html

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely more please ! I love the sounds of the 20s , 30s & 40s British swing bands.

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. If anyone wants personnel details I might be able to help as I have Rust & Forbes British Dance Bands On Record.

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd not heard of the Rust & Forbes book so I look it up, thinking I'll buy a copy on my own account. Hmmmmm. Not at ~£350 a pop, I won't. Best not leave yours lying around in the open . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. No. It is a bit pricey these days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had those LP way back and would be delighted to hear the content again. However, my Chrome browser reports that each of the Zippyshare files "is malicious, and Chrome has blocked it"

    Is there a problem with them or is my browser somehow over sensitive?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I now have the same result with the fichier version ????

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd bet the farm the error messages are so-called "false positives". The files were certainly clean when I sent them to Rodney for uploading; said Rodney needs no endorsement from me so I won't offer any. I've just downloaded the files again. They're fine. IOW, you can Ignore that [Click here for busty Russian Babe] message and proceed.

    BTW, that last is meant as a joke . . .

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks Rodney and Dave_Bruce! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Jarbie

    Seems to be a common problem with Chrome browser. As Dave says, the files here are fine, you can ignore the warning.

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ Jarbie

    I downloaded the files from zippy. The files was scanned (Kaspersky and Panda) and are clean. So, you can ignore the warning.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am most grateful for helpful comments. I downloaded, ignore warnings, scanned the files with AVG, which said they were clean, and have enjoyed Roy Fox et al. Thank you very much indeed.

    I cannot understand what "Chrome" was finding amiss.

    ReplyDelete