DEDICATED TO THE PRESERVATION AND APPRECIATION OF BRITISH JAZZ
FROM ANY ERA AND STYLE BUT WITH THE EMPHASIS ON MODERN JAZZ

Friday, September 18, 2015

0561 Bud Freeman [Esq.] FLAC 12(40.49)

Contributed by the late Bill Hugkulstone, and Gonzo who writes:-
For some reason this LP is a bit short on treble, this may be due to the ripping method that Bill used (Sound card on a DELL PC).
Therefore it is not really worthy of the FLAC encoding, but to keep it to the standard required this coding was adopted.
The album has some real standard tracks, and 2 Freeman specials.
British artists form the side-men support.

Bud Freeman - tenor
Dick Katz - piano
Spike Heatley - bass
Tony Crombie - drums

01 Sweet Sue, Just You
02 Way Down Yonder In New Orleans
03 Indian Summer
04 Higgins Said No!
05 Mean To Me
06 Tea For Two
07 You Took Advantage Of Me
08 Dinah
09 The Eel
10 Sunday
11 I Could Write A Book
12 I Got Rhythm

Label: Fontana TL5370
Recorded: June 09 1966
Lineage: 12" LP cleaned and edited by Bill Hugkulstone. Flac conversion by Gonzo
Scans: Front and rear LP covers by Gonzo

9 comments:

  1. https://1fichier.com/?ssfrrjx771

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www77.zippyshare.com/v/oM7hG5Nc/file.html

      Delete
  2. You might like to try my rip, also from a mono LP. Don't know if it's any better:

    http://b13jiv.1fichier.com/en/

    Vinyl>flac + my own scans

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grumpy, Your scans are much better, thanks, prompted by your response I MIGHT have another go at Bill's LP
    It seems to have suffered a bit in the house clearance,but I do have a few SNEAKY tricks in the bag NOT YET used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I managed to buy a mint-condition copy of this LP and convert it to a RIP that was (IMHO at least) better than either Grumpy's or Gonzo's. That wasn't skill on my part, just luck in obtaininng a good original.

    I bought the record because (a) it's a delightful album and (b) as a way of saying thanks to Grumpy and Gonzo both for introducing me to it. It seems for some reason to have fallen through the cracks - sorry about that.

    I have so much trouble uploading (location) that I have to rely on others to do it for me but, if I can overcome that, I'd be delighted to share it here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not through the cracks, Dave, was it? It was my DVD/CD drive going on the blink and me rushing to prevent you sending a DVD to no avail. Perhaps some kind person will volunteer to receive it from you, rip and upload. Drive not an insurmountable problem I know but right now I'm very distracted with other things, as I keep telling anyone who will listen.

      Delete
    2. Your ailing DVD was simply the crowning touch to some magnificent procrastination on my part. I ripped the thing about a year ago.You've enough on your plate right now; I'll come up with something.

      Delete
    3. Dave, you cannot beat a good original !! I look forward to hearing it in pristine glory, having spent hours trying to re-do
      the Bill Hugkulstone copy on my gear, I'm someway to a better sounding version and its at 24 bit too. I think we should
      leave Rod to his more pressing tasks, the music can wait.. How nice to have 3 options of one LP though, lucky you
      finding the mint one

      Delete
  5. Thanks Rodney and Bill Hugkelstone, and Gonzo! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete