DEDICATED TO THE PRESERVATION AND APPRECIATION OF BRITISH JAZZ
FROM ANY ERA AND STYLE BUT WITH THE EMPHASIS ON MODERN JAZZ

Sunday, February 06, 2011

0136 Chris Barber [In Concert Volume Two] FLAC (44.26)

















Contributed by Gonzo

Pat Halcox - trumpet
Chris Barber - trombone
Mony Sunshine - clarinet
Eddie Smith - banjo
Dick smith - bass
Graham Burbidge - drums
Ottilie Patterson - vocal

01 Bourbon Street Parade
02 Savoy Blues
03 Lonesome Road
04 Sheik Of Araby
05 Bill Bailey
06 You Took Advantage Of Me
07 Sweet Sue
08 Moonshine Man
09 You Rascal You

Label: Nixa NJL 15
Recorded: January 31 1958
Lineage: LP>FLAC

8 comments:

  1. Thanks Gonzo. I remember you saying you had a second volume ready. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you folks for this one. Nice sound, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gonzo ... As 12yo I played Sweet Sue to death!
    Happy memories.
    Baron

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah Hah,
    I was a little older then, cant remember if I had any special track though.. They were all pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just had a serious think, and I think it was "You took advantage of me" because over the years I have collected quite a few examples of that song. In fact when ever I hear that song being played I recall the Barber arrangement, and have been know to bore people, whistling it along with the distinctive foot tapping beat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. dear,
    how can i reach your rapidshare files to load them?

    kind regards

    edy

    ReplyDelete
  7. edy - you need to copy the above link (highlight it, hold down Ctrl and hit C), then paste this into your browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc) address bar (click on the address bar, hold down Ctrl and hit V). Then hit Enter and that should take you to the appropriate Rapidshare page. I just tried it and it worked. Let us know if you can't get it - describe exactly what you are doing and what happens - or fails to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. https://cjoint.net/?gpgetjhfiy

    ReplyDelete