DEDICATED TO THE PRESERVATION AND APPRECIATION OF BRITISH JAZZ
FROM ANY ERA AND STYLE BUT WITH THE EMPHASIS ON MODERN JAZZ

Sunday, August 05, 2012

0246 Elaine Delmar [First Recordings 1959] FLAC 4(09.14)

Contributed by bellawoods, who writes:-
These are 20 year old Elaine Delmar's first commercial recordings dating from 1959, backed by the Leon Young Orchestra and taken from a couple of Decca singles.
Elaine had been singing and playing piano since she was 14 (she is the daughter of the late trumpeter/vocalist, Leslie 'Jiver' Hutchinson) and by the time of these recordings she was a very mature sounding vocalist. Whilst not strictly in the jazz vein, these are very assured and enjoyable early recordings from a future star.
FLAC from 2 x 45 rpm singles with track details and a 'cover picture'.

Elaine Delmar - vocals
The Leon Young Orchestra

01 I Loves You Porgy (Gershwin, Gershwin) (2:21)
02 Porgy (Gershwin, Gershwin) (2:40)
03 That Old Feeling (Brown, Fain) (1:53)
04 I Must Have That Man (Fields, McHugh) (2:20)

Label: Decca H-227 and H-241
Recorded: 1959
Lineage: EPs>FLAC

6 comments:

  1. Nice to have, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea the temporary link! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    I’m putting this incredible collection in order after downloading all the records and I found some troubles, maybe you can help me.

    Some archives are not OK anymore and I’d like to ask you to give me new links. Don’t worry, it’s a few ones.

    I’ll try by myself to reduce the work. After that, I’ll tell you the files by the post number, ok?

    Thank you for this amazing work and for share.

    Your Brazilian friend,
    Paulinho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Paulinho. We like to keep the links up to date so it would be helpful to know which ones are not working. Sometimes the trouble can be local to downloaders rather than with the link itself though so when you give us the list, we will test them and renew any we find do not work. Glad to hear there are not many - in theory there should not be any at all.

      Delete
  4. Thank you. I learned about her from my friend who imported alot of records from the UK - Chick Wilson

    Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  5. https://cjoint.net/?00wii1rjzl

    ReplyDelete