DEDICATED TO THE PRESERVATION AND APPRECIATION OF BRITISH JAZZ
FROM ANY ERA AND STYLE BUT WITH THE EMPHASIS ON MODERN JAZZ

Monday, August 16, 2010

0082 Tony Kinsey [Red Bird] FLAC 7(12.31)

















Contributed by delmonico, who writes:-
Here's some poetry with jazz. All the words are by 1950s cult poet Christopher Logue and all the music is by the Tony Kinsey Quintet.
I've never really seen the point of poetry with jazz but at one period is was all the vogue - not so much in the UK - but to my ears it all comes across as somewhat pretentious.  I'd just rather hear the music.
Judge for yourselves.
Ripped in FLAC from a rather battered ep (somewhat restored but still with some pops here and there) with front and back cover scans.

Les Condon - trumpet
Ken Wray - trombone
Bill Le Sage - vibes, piano
Kenny Napper - bass
Tony Kinsey - drums
Christopher Logue - narration

01 Blues Shoes
02 Moon Clouds
03 Bass Time
04 Pandora
05 Stew Pot
06 J's Blues
07 Blue Lament

Label: Parlophone Ep GEP 8765
Recorded: May 29 1959
Lineage: EP>FLAC

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the MUSIC

    ReplyDelete
  2. CHRISTOPHER LOGUE - RED BIRD

    I agree completely with you; I don't see the point and would rather just hear the music.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't agree with the last two posts. The combination of Neruda's poetry, Logue's voice & interpretation with superb jazz from Kinsey's group make this probably the best way of appreciating the poetry. I like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the poetry and jazz combination, too. Just fine by me, and the opportunity to hear this rarity is much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Dad's all-time favourite recording!
    Many thanks - I love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. https://cjoint.net/?pn9jnkxv78

    ReplyDelete