DEDICATED TO THE PRESERVATION AND APPRECIATION OF BRITISH JAZZ
FROM ANY ERA AND STYLE BUT WITH THE EMPHASIS ON MODERN JAZZ

Friday, June 25, 2010

0064 Joe Harriott [Cool Jazz with Joe] FLAC 4(12.40)

















Contributed by Azule Serape
An early session for Joe Harriott as leader with his Quartet playing four standards. We hear Dill Jones again.

Joe Harritt - alto
Dill Jones - piano
Jack Fallon - bass
Phil Seamen - drums

01 Summertime
02 April in Paris
03 Cherokee
04 Out of Nowhere

Label: Melodisc ep - EPM7-117
Recorded: London February 1954
Lineage: EP>FLAC

17 comments:

  1. Already have these tracks on the excellent Killer Joe comp but Joe is always worth a re-run as far as I'm concerned. Most importantly though the great collection on this blog continues to build.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous. You can't have too much Joe as far as I'm concerned. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to Azule. A great download.

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Azule, for your generosity !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Takes me back to my early days at work, I didn't realise it then, but this man was destined to change peoples idea on jazz, I wish I'd listened more carefully to him instead of Bill Haley.
    Thanks Azule, a new album for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for taking the time to share this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stuff, thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks you Azule
    and thanks to all the others
    contributing to this great site

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never enough Harriott! Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks again, guys.

    I just wrote this up on my daily jazz review blog, 365 Dry Martinis. I included a link to your page, as well. So much good stuff hiding out around here! I appreciate the hard work.

    http://365drymartinis.blogspot.com/

    Cheers.

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  11. My god - how blind I was until very recently. Once more I realise that's really a pity you have to close down.

    ReplyDelete
  12. https://cjoint.net/?2007w9jtzx

    ReplyDelete